CDS have formed a unique partnership with a team of highly specialised and trained design engineers who have an extensive track record in design. We can design, review, verify and comment in great detail on station layouts for the installation of primary and secondary equipment.
We provide the following electrical design services:
- Earthing design and schemes
- Electrical system studies
- Full primary substation layout
- Full protection control schemes
- Full secondary design
- Onsite commissioning
- 2D to 3D drawing conversion
- 3D design
Our design engineers:
- are ISO9001/14001 accredited
- use the latest industry 3D and CAD software
- are able to take a project from initial spec right through the design stages and then to final commissioning.
- can provide detailed layouts that contain precise dimensions and include all of the necessary installation details with manufacturer catalogue information and design guides.
Our engineers are also experienced Commissioning Engineers who’s approach will ensure high levels of accuracy. We understand that adjustments often need to be made during a project so an ongoing dialogue will ensure that your project runs as smoothly as possible.
We have worked on design projects in the UK and throughout the world including mainland China, Singapore, South Korea and Brazil.
Here's what our clients say:
"I contacted CDS when one of our key suppliers let us down at the last minute on a 66kV Auto Close Scheme for National Grid. CDS pulled out all the stops to find us a Protection and Control Design Engineer at short notice to design and configure a new DEXT file from the logic diagram for the Bay Control Unit within the Control Panel.
We were then able to test the logic and produce an accurate block diagram. Not only were the technical aspects of the job turned around in record time, they then arranged to send the engineer to the factory to ensure the design met National Grid's requirements and was fit for purpose.
CDS's proactive approach to their clients requirements will ensure that I use them time after time. Subsequently we contracted CDS to work with MUS to deliver the site work for the scheme.
I would not hesitate in recommending them and will use them on future schemes "
Tom Murray, Senior Project Manager, Morrison Utility Services