CDS is working with a number of leading power network providers in the UK including Scottish Power, E-On and National Grid.
Our team of highly skilled Commissioning Engineers provide a dedicated commissioning service for our clients. Our Engineers are:
- Trained to use all types of equipment including control and protection systems and switchgear
- Degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Have extensive experience in the power industry, both in the UK and overseas
- Fully authorised to work within National Grid, Scottish Power, Western Power Distribution, Scottish & Southern, Nothern Power Grid, UK Power Networks and Electricity Northwest.
We ensure all Commissioning Engineers adhere to all Health and Safety requirements when on-site and our Engineers undertake training on the latest products from the main manufacturers of substation equipment.
We only use the latest automatic computer programmable test equipment, including products supplied by Omicron, GE Programma (Sverker), T&R, Megger, Fluke and Metrahit & Robin.
They can also offer a full range of testing and commissioning services which include:
- Primary injection of CT circuits and protection systems
- Secondary injection of protection relays and systems
- CT magnetisation characteristics
- Pressure testing of switchgear, cables and busbars
- Electrical and mechanical function testing of substation control and protection schemes, switchgear, disconnectors etc
- Transformer testing including tap changer and AVC schemes
- Testing of batteries and battery chargers